Preventive Pediatric Dentistry
Why is preventive dentistry important?
Not only does preventive dentistry encourage a healthy smile for your child, it promotes proper chewing, speaking clearly, and a better chance for good general health. Following good oral habits at an early age prevents less extensive treatments later.
What role do parents play in prevention?
By taking your child to the dentist early (by age 1) and making sure to make your six month visits.
At hellosmile we will make sure to review proper brushing, flossing, healthy diet, and if necessary, fluoride recommendations. Practicing early dental hygiene encourages a lifetime of good oral habits for your child.
How can I help my child enjoy good dental health?
Here are some tips to help your child keep a healthy smile and be cavity free.
- Brush effectively twice a day with fluoride toothpaste
- Floss your teeth once a day
- Eat a healthy diet and beware of frequent snacking of sticky sugary foods.
- Visit your dentist regularly for check-ups
- Ensure your child is receiving the proper amount of fluoride through drinking water